Week 8 - Gabriella G
Preparing for this Summer Immersion experience, I wasn't really sure what to expect. My research focus is biomedical engineering education and my personal interests, while within healthcare, focus more on the interactions and dynamics between intangible designed systems such as departments and surgical teams. My interest isn't focused on the technical implementation of a device but rather the integration of that designed item within a larger system of people, dynamics, and cultural influences. As such, I had to create my own path in this program.
Now that the program has come to an end, I can say that I accomplished my goal. I followed my curiosity and pursued many different avenues to engage in observations (i.e., interviews, surgeries, clinical days, ground rounds, and lots of informal questions). I've learned a lot and I look forward to bringing it back to Ithaca to incorporate into my dissertation and senior design.
Comments
Post a Comment