Week 4 - Hannah Sheffield
This week was very productive and busy week. I shadowed Dr. Reichman this week, and saw US guided biopsies, mammographic biopsies, and shadowed diagnostic procedures. I am starting to understand the various ultrasound positions that physicians use to orient themselves. I also learned that suspicious lesions are usually present during digital 2D tomosynthesis, where distortion and MR enhancements show an increased likeliness of a lesion. I also learned about the various views of a mamo, such as CC and MLO for locating calcs. Additionally, when calcs are located in the first few slices of a tomosynthesis, it usually means that it is the skin, and is not suspicious. I also saw some very interesting diagnostic cases.
As for research, I prepared a presentation to give to the Kim Lab group that gave an overview on the on-going work that I have been doing. The presentation was received well, and was given constructive feedback to refine the presentation that I will give at the end of summer immersion. I also ran through all the cases with the working Patlak model, and am still in the process for refining the code for implementing GradNorm to the Patlak model to account for gradient distortions, and a Two-Compartment Model.
Comments
Post a Comment