Week 3- Iqra Sajid
This week, I spent more time focusing on my research project. I used a program called Purka to review past studies, which helped me better understand how to measure different pacing sites and evaluate peak left atrial (LA) pressure. The program is very useful for my work, but it is only available on one computer across three labs. Because of this, I often have to wait and keep checking to see when the computer is available. This can slow down my progress a bit, but I try to make the most of the time when I do get access.
I also had the chance to attend an electrophysiology case study session. During the meeting, the team discussed a patient case from that week. Each clinician shared their thoughts and ideas on the best way to treat the patient. It was really helpful to see how everyone contributes and works together to make decisions.
In addition, I observed two procedures called PVC ablations. One of the procedures used an appendage, while the other did not. Both cases were interesting because the first approach they tried in each procedure did not work as expected. It was impressive to see how quickly the team adapted, changed their plan, and found another way to complete the procedure. Watching this showed me how important it is to stay flexible, and think quickly in a clinical setting.
Comments
Post a Comment