Week 3: Gabriella G.

The third week of summer immersion has particularly insightful. 

This week, I have dedicated significant time to my research project.  I continued my work understanding the different survey domains used in data collection, and connected them to potential correlations and ideas for the data analysis plan. In parallel, I have been conducting a literature review to identify gaps in the existing research and explore possible social-based theoretical frameworks that could inform analysis and underlying mechanisms of action. 

I also made an effort to connect with physicians whose work aligns with my interests or long-term research goals. The response rate has been high and I was fortunate enough to secure an opportunity to shadow in the emergency department. Additionally, I had the chance to shadow my PI in her rheumatology practice. The contrast between routine outpatient care and emergency care was striking and was a good reminder about the different modes of patient care. 

Looking ahead, I have two interviews scheduled for next week, with three additional conversations pending. I look forward to these opportunities to gain insight into different physician perspectives on research and clinical practice providing brief but valuable glimpses into larger hospital systems. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Eddie Wei - Multimodal Endoscope

Week One: Eddie Wei

Week 1- iqra